Vintage Indian Wooden Shrine. Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
This exquisite home shrine comes from Jodhpur in Rajasthan, and is becoming increasingly difficult to source. It typically would have graced a high caste Brahmin home, and been the focal point of daily puja, a prayer ritual performed to honour and worship one or more deities. This particular example in teak is finished in a distressed turquoise colour and, unusually, has glass panels to the side. Height 39.5 cms, width 30 cms, depth 20.5 cms. Brackets added for wall mounting can be easily removed. Used as a bathroom or display cabinet, there’s no better way to add a touch of Boho Chic to your environment. We currently have a second example for sale, see separate listing. Pictured deities not included. Postage £8.95. SOLD.
Out of stock
- Bridget Bardot inspired, 50s Coffee Service. Faux Bois finish. Grandjean-Jourdan,Vallauris. £95.00
- Pair of Contemporary Table Lamps. French Empire style. £65.00
- Vintage French Yellow Stripe Linen Cushion. £45.00
- African Tribal Print Cushion. 'Hoop' pattern. £40.00
- African Tribal Print Cushion. 'Trellis' pattern. £40.00
- No product categories exist.